I want to know how I can have an image that goes outside of the container without adding a horizontal scroll?

I want to know how I can have an image that goes outside of the container without adding a horizontal scroll? (this is on the mobile view)

https://webflow.com/design/testing123456789101112

Thank you in advance

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi @herardo, thanks for your question. The link does not appear to be valid, could you re-check that? Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Thanks in advance!

try this one:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/testing123456789101112?preview=4434f132b7649a3464f4def3e2b00208

Hi, at the moment, the only way to hide the overflow on mobile is to set the body to overflow hidden on mobile portrait. This however will also set the vertical scrolling to hidden, so instead, I recommend to set the parent section to have 0px left and right margins:

This is standard html behavior, if there is overflow on the site in any view, it will show up as scroll bars on the published site, because the viewport on mobile is too narrow for the content.

It is usually better to put everything within the viewport, so that no unexpected layout issues occur on mobile, which is notoriously bad for handling overflow of any kind.

Thank you for letting me know about the margins.

But if I make the margins 0px my images get smaller and the whole point of this was to have my images zoomed in on mobile.

I was actually able to get this to work by making the parent element a flex container and making it over flow hidden, if that makes sense. Please double check and see if that works? Thank you in-advance.

Hi @herardo, yes, that is a good option, to put the image inside of a parent element with overflow hidden.

Another possibility, would be to set the image to 100% width as I first mentioned, and the add a click interaction on the images, to scale them larger on click, combined with the overflow hidden, that would be a cool effect :slightly_smiling:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.