If, Then or Something Like That

Hi,

I’m relatively new to WEBFLOW but wanted to skip ahead and ask this question about INTERACTIONS.
In scripting, I know you can do something like, IF, THEN = DO THIS kind of event.

How is this done in WEBFLOW? Like, I want something to appear only if an event, or a section is opened first.

I hope I’m clear at what I’m trying to do here.

E.G.: If you finish visiting all the LINKS, only the NEXT button APPEARS…

Thanks

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

The if then of Webflow works with pre-setuped triggers.

Load, Scroll, Click, are the most popular.

So it’s limited to this, for example, the click trigger, If clicked then {perform what’s setuped: visibility, transforms etc}.

The Scroll trigger will let you set If Goes out of viewport, if comes in viewport then {same}

So you can imagine making your e.g. with interactions, but that would be… a bit long/cumbersome to make, also tricky (like nesting the last button within 3 hidden divs, and passing those divs visible each time a link is clicked (one link=one div)… requires 3 interactions. Of course, that makes much more sense to write JS code for that.

You’ll see that some people have made crazy complicated and awesome interactions but that’s almost a “sport”. Interactions are they’re thought in WF are limited to simple stuff.

Hi, @vincent

I’m slowly beginning to realize that after working with this tool for 3 days now. Thank you for your input. I appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

My pleasure, don’t hesitate.

There are some limitations. But after reading things on the forum from Webflow people this week, I believe they’re aiming to get rid of any limitation… going to take time, but that’s where the tool is going.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.