If u design Mobile pages (no web needed), how do u start and setup ur canvas etc?

hey there folks,

Im really stuck somehow… I want to design a Mobile view only based on a responsive design.

What Im stuck with is, how do I start ?
Do I start with the Desktop version even I dont need it ?
Setting sizes/styles there etc isnt any respresentitive since
it wont look like in my desired mobile view.
also I have to work twice, since I have to edit all mobile view styles / sizes etc…

So starting from Mobile View directly is ok ? (if I start previewing in browser without mobile
emulator, it looks obviously like a mess, only mobile views look like they should…

so how do u or I should start best with ?

Hi @rico,

If you want only mobile view, why you´re wondering that desktop looks like a mess, when you don´t make any styles for them.

Most say start with mobile, because mobile first design, but webflow is more desktop first. In my opinion it really doesn´t matter. I start with desktop and if there looks all pretty I start designing the mobile views.

So if you site looks mobile fine and you want only mobile, then you´re finish, but otherwise you have simply style you´re page for desktop and then your finish.

For desktop and tablet, you can add a fixed screen that says “This website is made for mobile, please use a mobile device”. Create a fixed div with a high z-index, and select this to show only on Desktop and tablet (or whichever devices you want)

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.