Iframe in HTML widget stops rest of page loading

I’m embedding a simple iframe on my website using an HTML widget.

The problem is that the rest of the page, below the iframe is not visible. It seems like the iframe code breaks the rest of the page. Can anyone offer a solution?

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

It’s difficult to test without being able to republish :slight_smile:

Can you try that first? Put the last section and the footer BEFORE the section with the iframed button, publish, and report here.

Thanks. So yes, maybe the iframe is at fault.

I analyzed the code of the embeded page and there is a lot going on, a lot of scripts after the button. Is all that really needed? If yes, I’ll have to pass that to someone else like @bart who’s much more skilled in JS that I am. The Chrome console can probably tell us what’s going on but I don’t know where to look.

Yes, it’s very strange. The embedded page is complex, but the widget itself is simple and just acting as a link. I’m not sure why it would be breaking the page. @bart If you could take a peak that would be greatly appreciated!

Hey @MikeD!

I’m looking into this issue right now! I’ll keep you updated :slight_smile:
Bart

Ok @MikeD, hopefully getting back to you with an answer. What I did was closing the iframe tag. If you look into your embed you can see you only have

<iframe src="...">

but there is no closing tag. Please add that there like that:

<iframe src="..."></iframe>

Make sure to republish website (unpublish and publish again) and CMD+SHIFT+R(efresh) your website then. If that won’t work, could you please try duplicating the website?

Let me know how it went!
Bart

@bart You nailed it! I don’t know how that was cut off from the original copy/paste. Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.