IIS/ASP.NET: SVG images won't load from server

I’m trying to launch a website for a client but when I export the code and upload using filezilla everything will load fine except for the svg logos and images. Can anyone help, I really need to get this fixed asap. Thanks!!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Sounds like a server configuration issue. If you’re using an Apache server, you might need to add the following lines to your .htaccess file (or create an .htaccess file if you don’t have one):

AddType image/svg+xml svg
AddType image/svg+xml svgz

This link has some great information about this, and it even has a direct link to a file called settings.htaccess which you can upload to the root of your server, then rename it .htaccess after doing so.

where would I create the .htaccess file?

Right in the root of your website (/.htaccess). :slight_smile: If you’re using FileZilla, drop the .htaccess file right in the root directory (not in a subfolder).

You can use the direct link I provided above to easily download settings.htaccess, drop that into the root director in FileZilla, then right click it and rename to .htaccess once it’s there.

I’ve tried download the file and putting it in like you described but its still not working.

Here is the website that I’m working on

Okay thanks for the info. You don’t have an Apache server here; you have an IIS/ASP.NET server. :blush:

The following topic on Stack Overflow covers this. If you run into any issues, your web host will be able to step you through the process. :+1:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12328651/svg-is-not-working-on-iis-webserver-on-localhost

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.