Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Image doesn't look in a good quality

Hi!
I don’t understand why the picture updated is not looking in good quality after is published. When I upload it, I can see it in a good quality, but then, when I check the URL, the picture doesn’t look good (even though the quality is 2,12MB). It looks the same quality has a low quality one that I tried before (300Kb).

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/leixida?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=leixida&preview=39ceecafae128a527ca641f3484e1a59&pageId=5f468f1d45d6b453a97763de&itemId=600ebf165d96f085497731ee&mode=preview

URL: Georgina Monge: “No podem veure les cures només des del jo i el meu col·lectiu, i perdre de vista cap a on anem. Si ens organitzem col·lectivament és per anar més enllà de nosaltres.” | L'Eixida | Autogestió Cooperativa

Does anyone knows what?

I have found that webflow seems to improperly cache assets. I may be wrong about this, but i have run into this many times. My fix is simply to remove the asset from my collection and assets, change the file name on my computer, and re-upload it.

I am not sure what the technicals are here, other than possibly a server caching issue. If a file is deleted, it cannot still be used, nor can it be linked to from any other source, but if a newly uploaded file appears with the same name, it will likely serve the contents of the original cached file — or so it seems.

Try that?

Hey! Thanks! I already did it, but because the picture I use in the collections is not stored in the assets folder, I have to uploaded directly to my cms collection. Nothing changes even though the name changed…

:frowning:

Webflow does not optimize images uploaded into rich text elements. Your image has massive dimensions of 5,184px width x 3,456px height. So unless you are on a high resolution display the image is being scaled down in the browser. This can lead to poor visual performance. I recommend images no larger that 2x the widest width of the containing element. In your case that is (1090px x 2).

You really want to target the largest audience, not everyone is using 4k + monitors. I work on two 4K’s and a 5K all day. Something I have to remember when building interfaces and sizing images. If webflow had responsive image sizing in collection item RTF’s we would not need to bother.

Thanks for your response! I already did it and I tried with lower resolution but it didn’t work neither, BUT now, I renamed the file and uploaded again, and suddently it worked… Not sure what happened…

Thanks to both!
N.