Images from CMS and symbols don't load

Hi All,

As the title suggest, the cms system or symbols do not correctly display the right images which results same images in one page. I think this is a bug because when I click the link to the page, it sometimes displays the right images and the second third time it doesn’t. The link to individual project page seems also broken and clicking the images wouldn’t take me to the right project page.

Looks like you figured this out?

Hi @bryanmanio
Thank you for your reply!
Sadly no, it’s still displaying repetitive images. The weirdest thing is that sometimes it’s ok so if I reload the site like 5 times it will have correct photos.
But, I want the site to have correct photos all the time. This is a company website so it’s pretty important.

@April_Park I just took a look and noticed a few things.

1. The image grid you have on the projects page isn’t connected to a CMS collection, which explains why they aren’t showing the images you want. Take a look at this tutorial and make sure things are all connected properly.
  2. You’re using symbols for each of these thumbnail photos, which won’t be necessary. If for example you were to change the photo for one of them, they all would change to reflect that. You’ll want to keep symbols for things that are the same across all pages, like the navigation and footer instead.

Hi Bryanmanio, thank you for your comments.
I re-assgined images to the symbols after seeing your comments, but the link broke again and I need to re connect again. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Check this out, it should help explain things - Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hi Bryanmanio, thank you for trying to solve my problem and even creating a video about it!
So the problem is not about I don’t know how to set up the links in the symbol.

The problem is that if I set up the links, the link to the images are keep breaking and I need to set them up again and again. I am suspecting that if the marketing department makes any changes to CMS system it will break all the image links in the website which heavily affects the partner section of about us page and the projects page.

I’ve been fixing this issue two times by relinking so right now everything works, but I am afraid this issue will happen again…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.