Now streaming live

Importing multiple images to CMS via CSV file

Hi,

I need to upload 100’s of images to a Collection where each record is an image name and the image itself. Is there a way of doing this via a CSV and if so, what do I put in the ‘image’ field? I’ve tried referencing a URL of the image location but when it comes to mapping the field during upload, I can’t map to an image type field as the CSV field contains a URL.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/fermoy23?preview=7b4be4c3569caecf811d2dac303d21e8

Could you provide screenshots/video recording of what you are trying to do, as well as post a link to the CSV file you are trying to import?

Hi,

I want to use a CSV file to import a lot of images into a CMS Collection that has 2 fields: Image Name (Text field), Image Link (URL).

On the Webflow University page (https://university.webflow.com/article/importing-collection-items) you say
"Image field - images should be added as direct URLs (links that end in an image file extension) in your CSV. Only images with any of the supported image file types will be imported into your Collection."

However, when uploading, I’ve tried uploading the CSV and mapping the Image URL field to the CMS Link field, but that doesn’t pull the image into the CMS.

I’ve attached a view of the CMS record after import and also the CSV.

Any help would be great - thanks!

That isn’t an image field in your collection. I think it needs to be an actual image field.

Hi Sam,

That’s exactly the point I made in my first email. If I make the CMS field an image field, then it won’t map to a URL in the CSV file (See attached screen clip).

So can you please tell me how I create a CSV file with URLs of the images that will then map to an image field in the CMS? It doesn’t seem possible to me…

I have 100’s of images to upload so creating each record individually isn’t really an option.

thanks.

Capture

Hi @starfish,

The image url in the CSV has to point to an image file that is already hosted on the internet, and not from your local computer.

This is because Webflow will access the URL and download the image. They cannot use that link to reach your computer, as that is a local link only valid on your computer.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Importing images to CMS collections items using ZAPIER