Integrating Google Tag Manager?

Hi,

I’ve been poking the forum looking for clear and specific instruction on integrating Google Tag Manager that positively works and is setup correctly according to Google Tag Manager’s standards…thoughts?

Best,

Nathan

I second this! A good article or youtube video on this subject would be great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone have anything until that day comes?

Best,

Nathan

Hi @nathanphilsteele have you had a chance to try this solution?

1 Like

Hi @Waldo,

Does the code go on all the pages or is there a place one can just put it in one spot and be good to go?

Best,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

You can add the code on a per a page basis. :smiley:

For more info on a few ways to embed your own custom code on a Webflow site, check out the articles below:

1 Like

Hi @Waldo,

I tried the embed widget but it really messed with my layout in design mode. So, pasted it in the section that says “Before tag.” With that, it places it after the div content, but google wants it before all, viewing it from the source code…does it really honestly matter? What am I potentially messing up by having it at the very just before instead of at the beginning just after ?

Best,

Nathan

integrating google map manager helps to identify the place of posting…

Hi @nathanphilsteele, I would suggest to continue using the GTM code in the embed widget just under the body of the page.

While you are designing, you can give the embed a class and set the display to none, while you are designing the site.

When ready to publish, clear the display none style before publish.

1 Like

Hi Dave,

That’s a great call!

I would love a feature in the designer tool where one can flip switch on an off such that when it is on there is a small symbol that shows that one can click on to edit, etc. instead of the uncollapsed view of the code. If one flips the switch off, the uncollapsed code view shows.

• Not just with Google Tag Manager but other code embeds. the display really get wild and makes making adjustments really difficult. Too, if one has a dynamic and feature rich website without several to a lot of embeds, one doesn’t want to have to go do a display none all the time and then have to remember to turn them on just before publishing.

Thanks Dave and best,

Nathan

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.