Interactions and browsers w/o javascript?

I’ve just published my first Webflow website: koskinen.co :tada:

What I noticed, though, was that interactions do not work when javascript is disabled (tested with a browser like Firefox Focus). The site appears mostly blank because, more often than not, I’ve set the initial state of interactions to opacity 0.

I understand that this is how it goes. There is no way interactions could work with browsers like this.

So my question is, how do you deal with browsers w/o JS? Do you create some sort of fallback version of the site? What is the common practice? What have you done?

Matias

You have to consider that these kinds of browsers are very low traffic and consider if it’s worth it to create a version for them if you decide that that’s something you want to do then yes I would create a version/page that doesn’t contain any animations.

I concur — am almost certain it is not worth the effort. Thanks Aaron :raised_hands:

Just out of curiosity, though. How should one create a such page? Some sort of redirect when JS is not enabled?

Exactly that.

You can use the following code for it:

<noscript>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=THE-URL-YOU-WANT" />
</noscript>

That is as clear as it gets. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like