Websites having issues with some interactions not firing in older browsers/devices

@Pascal_T @bryanH @Azfar_Chattha @Lee_Palmer @RoseWebStudio @GrahamCox @matt50 @tercran @ShaggyLittle

Thank you so much for gathering all of this information, I’ve merged these posts which were referring to a relating error with interactions in iOS 7 - 9 having issues (special thank you to @bryanH for the specific details provided from a recent update).

I have notified the team and we are working on a fix, I will post an update here as soon as I have more information, thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we work on a fix for this! :bow:

1 Like

Hi there,

So it seems, that when the ‘opening menu’ of my ‘By Category’ dropdown - works fine, only in Chrome. It however, does NOT work/show in Safari. I found this out only after publishing (I worked on designer on Chrome).

Would appreciate help. Thanks!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Seems like this is related to the recent influx of Safari bugs (see Bugs category). :confused:

Sorry I cannot be of more help as I do not own a Mac.

You could try doing away with the dropdown and use an interaction for that mega menu instead.

Oh ou :frowning: I hope to find a solution anyway.

@kesterize @samliew I’m having similar problems too after publishing on Friday. I think they’re all related to the same cause(?).

It’s not just Macs – it seem to be generally older browsers (though not that old!) @Azfar_Chattha has detailed a list a of browsers having the problems in this post.

Could this be due to an update to the webflow javascript file? (as I detailed here).

Hi Waldo – thanks for the update – just to confirm, the problem is happening in a lot more browsers than the iOS7-9 this post title suggests. @Azfar_Chattha has a list of browsers affected here: Website is having problems with interactions and Nav Menu

I haven’t tested in all of them but this correlates with my findings.

I look forward to an update when the team have figured it out.

Thank you very much for letting me know @matt50 I’ve updated the post title and left a note accordingly :bow:

Good to know Bryan, thanks for trying this out – if anything, it’s all the more worrying that if we host with webflow, we definitely have no control if the JS file is updated without us knowing and it breaks things!

The hamburger menu on a site I’m working on works as expected in Chrome and Firefox on MacOSX but not in Safari. Cursor changes on hover but clicking the menu icon does nothing.

This is the site url:

…and this is the share link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/angelsandcookies?preview=797bdc92eab78630816cbc76732ca069

Has anyone encountered this issue?

I am also having problems, with my website on Safari only, I have noticed that the problem affects interactions a lot, take look at my post too for my similar problem and let me know if you find a fix.

UPDATE: I am adding and revising some info so people with similar problems can see it.

My website stopped working on March 2 after updating and publishing it. The problem causes the menu and interactions to not work. Also my website is supposed to have a video background on the homepage as well as a coupe interactions, but instead everything shows up as blank. This problem is also affecting the webflow.com homepage.

This is how it is supposed to load:

But this is how it actually ends up loading

I have tested it on the following browsers listed below and all the listed problems prevail.

Macbook: Safari 6-9 → Does not work
Macbook Safari 10 → Works

Chrome 45-56 → Works
Chrome 40 → Does not work

Android Browser 4-5 → Does not work

Safari iOS 6-9 → Does not work
Safari iOS 10 → Works

Internet Edge 13-14: → Works
Internet Explorer 11 → Works
Internet Explorer 8-10 → Does not work

Firefox 25-51 → Works

Opera 11-12 → Does not work

Windows Phone: os 8.1 → works

Website is www.metallum.ca

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/azfar-s-marvelous-site?preview=a0a6712aeefbc6271d13c516d01d31f3

I was faced with a similar issue today as well. My site interactions are not loading properly in Safari.

Chrome:

Safari:

Hey, I have done extensive testing. The problem points towards that the interactions are not working and it affects the website. I also have noticed a new problem, when the page is made smaller and the nav menu becomes into a drop down menu, it does not work either, when clicked upon. Even if I disable the interactions and background video, the menu still does not work, it simply does not open. This is also affecting the main webflow homepage, navbar in mobile view does not work. Regarding the interactions, the interactions that I have are supposed to move text around the page as soon as the page is loaded. If you have noticed many other people are posting about similar bugs, I need to fix this asap as it is affecting my business.

As you can see, the drop down menu does not work for my website nor does it work for the webflow homepage on certain browsers.

I have tested it on the following.

Macbook: Safari 6-9 → Does not work
Macbook Safari 10 → Works

Chrome 45-56 → Works
Chrome 40 → Does not work

Android Browser 4-5 → Does not work

Safari iOS 6-9 → Does not work
Safari iOS 10 → Works

Internet Edge 13-14: → Works
Internet Explorer 11 → Works
Internet Explorer 8-10 → Does not work

Firefox 25-51 → Works

Opera 11-12 → Does not work

Windows Phone: os 8.1 → works

I am having the same issue, interactions were fine up until Saturday, since then the site loads but interactions not firing? This seems to be a bug?

I am having the same issue too.

Since March 5th, all interactions have stopped working on the Safari, I have tested on several projects that I am building, all the sites have this problem.

Webflow help me, please. I need to finish some projects this week

Having the same issue! Just happened to me an hour ago. Interactions arent working and fonts have been stripped to default families!

@Pascal_T @bryanH @Azfar_Chattha @Lee_Palmer @RoseWebStudio @GrahamCox @matt50 @tercran @ShaggyLittle @jjms01 @Luzcas @Azfar_Chattha @Michael_Messina @spincinconi @kesterize

We just pushed a fix for this issue, can you please try re-publishing your sites to see if that resolves the error on your end?

​Thanks in advance for your confirmation! :bow:

Hi @Waldo, I can confirm that my original issue reported here has been fixed… thanks.

As a side note, this bug has been causing problems for me since Friday. I do understand that problems will occur from time to time (this is the first such major issue for me in years of using webflow) and thankfully this particular client is very understanding - but I can imagine a scenario where 3 days without being able to do anything about a problem could cause real problems for some clients, eg. launches or any time-critical event (as we have no access to the webflow JS and can’t revert back to a backup as all backups seem to use the most recent problematic JS file as Bryan tested here).

I’m thinking that in future I’d like to know when the JS file changes - perhaps a “since you’ve been gone” message to let us know and we can test functionality or proceed cautiously before publishing to live domains? If a since you’ve been gone message is too much, perhaps a ‘status’ page update where we could check manually? Or could backups use the JS file that was used at the time of saving rather than the latest so we could revert back ourselves? Please consider this stuff with the team? Thanks as usual!

Yep. Fixed it for me.

The interactions and widgets are fixed but I’m still having a problem with the fonts.

I’m using Type Kit - Museo Sans and it’s display defauly Sans-Serif.