Interactions not working with CMS content. HELP!

Hello All,
I would really appreciate some help here.

I am new to webflow, and have been meesing with it for about a week. I feel like I’m getting the hang of things pretty well, however once I started messing with CMS, my interactions don’t work for the content in the CMS lists. For example, in the “How Can We Help” section just under the hero section of the site, I added the 2 buttons to a CMS collection. Before I did that, they had a scroll trigger with a grow action that worked perfectly. Now that it is in the CMS list, it doesn’t work. The action is on the button, not the list item. This is the same for other items I have added to a CMS list. I also cannot add interactions to the staff page items.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

1 Like

Ok, so up to this point I have not published my site. Now that I have published it, all of my interactions, including the interactions on my CMS items, work on the published site. So I suppose it is just an issue of the interactions not showing up in the preview toggle.

Crisis averted. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @VannahM87

I know sometimes that when you’re starting with something getting the hang of it could be hard but like you’ve seen, Webflow is quite powerful and I’m sure you’ll understand sooner rather than later.

For the link under your hero section a CMS collection it’s a little bit of an overkill I would say because you don’t need a collection list for this imo, you can add the link to the button without the collection list.

Thanks Aaron,

I agree and I didn’t want to make this a collection, however, I was under the impression that clients could not edit things that were not in a collection, and I want them to be able to change these quick links if necessary. Is this not the case? Can they edit the button themselves? This is my first website built in Webflow, so pardon my naivete.

That’s a normal feeling because in a CMS, only dynamic things can be changed by the clients in the backend… that was until Webflow, real magic is your client can edit and change everything by default, even on static pages. You can block some elements from being edited, but by default, clients can go crazy on all images, titles, links, texts… And that is a great unique feature :smiley:

1 Like

This is not correct, actually like @vincent said, even on static pages they can edit links, images, text, etc.