Interraction not triggering on mobile does show hidden state

It’s true the trigger setting does not alter the initial state of elements that have been set inside the animation.

The way to keep your animation on desktop and tablet but disable it on mobile is to remove the initial states from the interaction and apply them directly to the elements in the styles panel. Then go to your mobile view in the designer and remove the initial states needed only for the desktop interaction. It’s a problem I keep running into so I’m now in the habit of not using the interaction initial state unless required to by the interaction. This way I have the flexibility of using the trigger settings fully.

It’s a nuisance during design if you need to make adjustments to see what you’re working on, but it is a viable work around to get the right results on each viewport. This is also why I try to do all the design work first and finalized before moving on to the animation phase. It can be hard to have the self control to not play with the animation before it’s time though. :grin:

2 Likes