Streaming live at 10am (PST)

iOS inconsistancy

I’m about to run out of hair to pull out.

My Navbar doesn’t display correctly on iphone landscape as it does on other devices. I have no way to go into dev to source issue because I don’t have an iphone. Site displays correctly on all other devices, mobile and otherwise (to my knowledge) but on iphone the navbar looks like this

instead of:

The site is published at www.lifecentre.capetown

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Thank you, sorry I was in a panic and did the forum no no of skipping over reading the newcomer guides.

The read only link is now active

I fixed this by manually setting the desired height of the div instead of leaving it to auto.

Consider this case closed. Although I would like to know why iOS treated this differently to other browsers/platforms

Yeah, Apple doesn’t like auto. I had all sorts of design issues, especially when I started to use grid a lot, in plenty of cases, safari and iOS couldn’t resolve height when set in auto. Sometimes Z-indexing is also finicky in Safari / iOS.

Long live chromium !

Yep, was still giving issues on some pages, so I set as many things to fixed heights as possible in the nav bar and it worked itself out. good to know it wasn’t me doing something drastically wrong. Got a happy client now, and an empty bank account, so will be good to get paid :stuck_out_tongue:

If you don’t have iDevices lying around, I find that web app very useful for checking visually at least. https://appetize.io/

Thank you, that will be very helpful I’m sure :slight_smile:

1 Like