Is it possible to create a user-authenticated pages based on info from outside API?

Hello :slight_smile:

I’m here looking to find out if something is possible using Webflow.
I have a Webflow blog, and a separate web application made using Angular, where users can log in, and more importantly, some users are “premium”.

I’m trying to find out if I could create a page on my Webflow that is user-restricted - but with a catch: only premium users from that other platform could access it.

Meaning that a user would need to login on the Webflow-made blog, and based on their user info from a private API, would be able (or nor) to see a specific page, kinda like having two layers of restriction (Being logged in AND being a premium user on a separate web application).

After searching for a few hours, I’m fairly convinced this isn’t possible, but I suppose this is the best place to make sure.

So, is this possible?

Hi @ViniChab

My name is Robert and I work at Memberstack. I know this post is from a while ago but I wanted to provide a quick answer in case anyone else has this issue.

Although I am, of course, a little biased I think Memberstack would offer a fairly comprehensive solution to this. My gut reaction to this would be a three-way integration using Zapier that connects your site with an Airtable sheet and the Memberstack API. You can play around with the ordering here (it depends on how users sign up for the non-Webflow hosted site), but essentially you should use the Airtable sheet as the common link between the two sites. Firstly, you should link your sites API with Airtable (this is possible to do with Zapier). You can then create a field that shows their status on your site, and then whenever that new user is either created or updated, you could push that membership status into Memberstack. MS has built in features that lets you gate content based on membership status.

The biggest problem I can forsee with this is if you are trying to gave users the same login both on Webflow and your site. In most cases (especially with blogs and forums) a secondary login is required. This is the case on the Webflow forum itself, for example. If that is the case, using Airtable, you could link the two accounts using a common field (I’d guess email would be the easiest) – you’d just need to tell users to sign up for the blog using the same email.

Let me know if you (or anyone else reading this) want me to expand on this. You can join Memberstack at this link.

1 Like