Is it possible to use Zapier to get the contents of a CMS field?

@HammerOz, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I’ve finally figured it out!

I’ve found a way to include the Item ID (uuid?) in the Webflow Form Drop-Down List and use it with a Zapier WebHook to GET all the Item fields which includes the email address that I was needing to access. I’ll be implementing it over the next day or so.

PROS:

• The WebHook actually pulls in ALL of the Item Fields which gives me a ton of options for processing in Zaps. The way I was doing it before, I was limited to just the data that was submitted in the form.
  • Rather than having to pass multiple pieces of data within the Dropdown list (which exposed the email addresses) I only need to pass the Item ID’s and the WebHook payload lets me use whatever fields I want to use.
  • Ultimately only the Item IDs will be shown in the code and no email addresses will be exposed.

CONS:

• Webflow doesn’t give easy access to Item ID’s so I need to create a new field and manually populate it with the Item ID so it can be used in the form dropdown list. I was able to find THIS helpful technique to batch input the Item ID’s into the field of each CMS item. This takes care of adding to the current 80+ CMS items already created but if a new CMS item is created I will need to add the Item ID manually. Fortunately, Webflow does show the Item ID however it’s sucks that it doesn’t allow you to select it and copy it to the clipboard so it can be easily pasted into the field. this forces you to have to type it in manually.

Ultimately, the biggest hurdle I was running into was just figuring out how to actually use the Zapier Webhooks. I couldn’t figure out what information to enter in order to get the Webhook to actually work. I could never find any tutorials or examples that walked through the process. I finally came across THIS video that showed just enough get me to finally figure out what to do. – and of course, it turned out to be easier than expected.

The one question I haven’t been able to get answered is: Is it even that big of a deal to expose all those emails in the first place or am I just worrying about for no reason.

Thanks all for spending some time helping me get to a solution.

P.S. Just incase someone happens across this thread down the road they can find more context to my initial issue/concern in this THREAD

2 Likes