Is it worth implementing Shopify or other Ecom services with webflow?

Hello everyone!

I’ve been using webflow a lot recently and I love it when it comes to designing a unique and beautiful website for my product photography website.

However, Webflow is a bit limiting when it comes to its Ecom capabilities, in my opinion.

I’m thinking of implementing Shopify within my website so I can have cart abandoning emails sent out as well as other custom post-order emails (I want to send my clients a form to fill out their creative brief for their product photos).

I’m wondering if this is a good solution to what I’m looking for or if anybody knows a better solution please let me know.

I’m still a bit of a ecom noob. Thanks!!

My website: www.surephotos.net

Hi @Stefano_Mahfuz.
I’m sure others will have their own recommendations, but it may be worth looking into Foxy + Webflow. Products are 100% managed with Webflow’s CMS and post purchase emails can be handled natively or with our Zapier integration. In addition, we integrate with multiple cart abandonment services.

More info about our seamless Webflow integration can be found here: Webflow | Foxy.io Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, need help getting started, or would like to hop on a quick phone/Skype call.

Thanks,
Josh

I have spent months going back and fourth between various systems and I for now decided to go all in with Webflow on a few projects I have going.

The biggest reason being sites like Shopify absolutely can and will turn off your store for any reason at any time without warning if they think your product is risky (and it’s really easy to look risky), unless you use one of their 3rd party merchants which means more commissions taken off your sale.

Webflow seems to be just getting started but I am still building out so haven’t tested it out yet. I can say that if Webflow doesn’t work out Gumroad looks interesting and integrates well.

@Foxy did you guys lower your prices? Last I looked I thought it was like more than 15c max per sale?

Hi @NewInBoston.
Thank you for your message. Our prices are still the same, but to confirm, we only charge a transaction fee for transactions that exceed your first 100 transactions each month (on the Standard plan) and the fee caps at 15 cents.

Also, we support the selling of high-risk products and integrate with multiple high-risk gateways/processors. Also, our Square integration is about to go live, which will be a game changer, especially for those who are considered high-risk.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any follow up questions. We’re happy to help.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Hi @Stefano_Mahfuz :slight_smile:

Check into Snipcart. You can create data fields into your checkout form (for their creative brief) that your user can fill out on submission. Alternatively, you could also customize the “Order Received” automated email and provide a link to the form you’d like your clients to fill out.

They also send cart abandonment emails that can be fully customized. It’s a beautiful process and fairly easy to customize.

Here’s a tutorial they wrote for integrating with Webflow: https://snipcart.com/blog/webflow-ecommerce-shopping-cart-integration

I’m not a team member, just a fan…

Dana

1 Like

@ladyvaalin I see they say not to add the cart to collection list items because you cant add the required attributes, but if you add a button via an embed you actually can. You probably know this but I thought I would mention it.

1 Like

I actually didn’t know that, @HammerOz so thanks for the heads up! My ecom only consists of single products here and there, which I create in Snipcart and then implement as an embed, so I hadn’t looked into using collections for my products/services yet. Appreciate it!

1 Like

Great tip man! This makes things much better for me!