Is there a way to right click protect my photos

Hello,

Is there a way to protect my photos in Webflow? I am a professional photographer and I am worried about people being able to save the images by dragging them to the desktop or right clicking them. Is there anything I can do to protect them?

I know people can always take a screen grab, and hacker types can always figure out a way to snag the images, but I am just looking to discourage the casual user from lifting images from my site.

Thanks in advance.

people will always find a way to download a website’s assets. Either through: right-click/save as, a browser pugin, or even through a browser’s dev tools.

you can’t stop it.

Best thing to do is just watermark your photos like how iStockphoto and Getty Images does it.

1 Like

I know people will always figure out a way to do it, but Wordpress at least has a feature that makes it so it’s not super easy to do it (for the lay person). I was just hoping there was a snippet of code I could add, similar to how WP does it.

try this. Put this in your custom code area :

<script>
$('img').bind('contextmenu', function(e) {
    return false;
});
</script>

source: javascript - Disabling right click on images using jquery - Stack Overflow

5 Likes

You’re the best! Many thanks. I’ll be upgrading to a pro membership tomorrow.

3 Likes