Is there any way to easily replace an image already in a rich text element?

Is there a way to easily replace an image already in existence in a rich text element? I’d love to be able to copy and paste the field and then update it with new text and a new image, but right now the only thing that works is to delete the image and then manually insert a new one.

Also, is there any way in a rich text element to be able to insert an image as the very first part of the element? I’ve included a video so you can see what I’m referencing.

com-resize

When you make a “return” at the top of the RTE it doesn’t provide any options for inserting a new element. Therefore I have to go down a line, make a return, get the icon to click to add in an image, add it in there, then place my cursor in the text, manually shift over and select the image, cut it, move my cursor up to the top of the RTE, and then finally, paste it where I need it to go.

Is this really the only way to do it? If there’s a better way, please let me know! :slight_smile: Thank you!

Anyone anyone? Any ideas? Or if there’s anything I can clarify to make this make more sense, let me know. Thanks!

Hello @KPMT

There’s no way to replace embedded media in a rich text element. To replace it you need to delete and add a new media element as you described.

I think the easiest way to do what you want is to have an inline image element instead of it being inside the RT. Is this part of a collection template or static page?

Can you share the project link?

1 Like

@matthewpmunger Thank you! I suspected that was probably the case, but wanted to verify my suspicions. I’ve taken your advice and will be using a separate inline image element, and am going to link it all to a collection to just make the design easier overall. Thank you again! :slight_smile:

Click on the image embedded in the RTE - the image icon (gear icon followed by the word "image) at the top of the image will turn blue, right click on the blue image icon, select “open settings”, the replace image dialogue box opens just like it does for an image element in a regular parent element.