Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Issue with interactions on Google Chrome Mobile

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue with the interactions when displaying my website on google chrome mobile.

They all look weird and laggy. I believe it has to be with the “ease” function not actually working, I tried to change it from ease, to ease in-out but nothing seems to fix it.

Any ideas?

Here is my public share link:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/lirica?utm_source=lirica&preview=719a94e258e7c93049141bde95369501&mode=preview

Thanks!

Hi @aboutjenny,

Thank you for posting your question to the community here. First off I have to say, great site. Looks very well planned out and the colors are wonderful.

From what I can tell at first glance, your images are too large. Meaning their file sizes are almost 3MB in size. For mobile animation that is just too large. Takes longer to download than it does for the animation to trigger.

My recommendation would be to shrink the file size for the images you have as animations.

Images should be under 200kb. You have the main image on your home page that is 2.88mb in size.

You can use many different programs for this or even some online sites. This is the one I use for all my designs: https://resizeimage.net/

Hopefully this helps with your lagging? LMK, if you are still stuck!

Hi Brandon!

Thanks so much for your feedback :slight_smile:

Oh, I see! - I’ll try reducing them and see if that solves it. Quick question, do you think I should reduce them only for the mobile version or should I also do it for the desktop? I’m now thinking they may also take time to download on slower internet connections.

Thanks!

@aboutjenny, I would do it for all breakpoints including desktop. I start at desktop for image sizes anyways.

Now the size that I make the image I adjust for the smaller breakpoints.

I did reduce the size of the images and now is looking smoother! Also - the website to reduce the image size works very well!

Thanks for your help @WebDev_Brandon :slight_smile:

Jenn u are very welcome. Glad i could help!