Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Issue with mobile responsiveness not matching Designer

Hello,

I am working on a concept Dunkin Donuts site, modeled after their newish mobile app.

Here is the share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/finsweet133?preview=4034e371cbb1458f6cfae2af0c644643

The site looks awesome in the Designer and looks great as a Published website. All levels of responsiveness look good on desktop. However, the results don't carry over when on a mobile device. I've attached a screenshot from my phone.

I can recreate the issue see in the screenshot inside the builder --- .canvas-wrapper is set at 700px for desktop and tablet view, and is then moved to a 97% width on both mobile views. What you see in the attached screenshot can be recreated in the Designer by changing that 97% width back to 700px for both mobile views. Although it's not set as 700px, that's what it shows up as on a mobile device. Please help - I feel like I've tried everything.

Please note: this is a highly experimental site. I'm attempting to create a mobile-like experience on the web. I tried to keep this site as neat as possible, but it's very much treated as a project site. Lots of unneeded classes, probably lots of extra divs, etc. Not concerned about cleaning it up / making it neat - unless of course that fixes the issue here.

Thanks,

Joe

Try to look at any of your parent or child elements that might have a fixed width that you forgot to change.

Hope this helps. :sunglasses:

Hi @VladimirVitaliyevich

I couldn't find any parent or child elements that are getting in the way. Thanks for the response!

Here's an error I have found. :wink:

Thank you. I saw this earlier and changed it to auto (and even to 0px). It did not fix anything, so I left it at 400px. I tried it again just now and still didn't fix it.

As I was playing around on the site, I noticed that the canvas wrapper was set to min-width: auto. Must have entered it by mistake as I was building out the site. I changed that min-width to 100% and it fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help. It ended up leading me to the solution!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.