Issue with scroll header on Windows machines

Using the Fly Template, the following occurs on windows machines when the visitor scrolls (and sees the scroll header).

How can I get rid of the scroll bars within the scroll header?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @Daniel_Luebke,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! Sorry about the scrollbars showing up. I know this must be frustrating.

I took a look at the fly template “out-of-the-box” using BrowserStack and checked back all the way to IE8/WIndows 7 machines and it seemed to work as expected. I also checked current IE10 & 11 as well as Windows 8 & 8.1.

I’m happy to take a closer look though. Could you please send me your site’s read-only link so I can take a closer look? More info on read-only links here: Share a read-only link | Webflow University. Also, include a few screenshots, your browser, operating system, and device info, if possible. It will help me debug this issue much faster. (e.g. Chrome 33.0.1750.152, OS X 10.9.2, Apple Retina MacBook Pro)

Thanks Daniel! I’ll be standing by for your reply. :smile:

Cheers,
Will

Hey @thewonglv - thanks for reaching back, especially so fast!

Here’s the link: https://webflow.com/design/servicerocket?preview=57ee17fcd61f3c7533283d9a49e9e759

I’m still working at getting more screenshots, browser, OS info from the user who raised the bug.

Thanks again!
Dan

User has: Ubuntu 14.04 with Firefox 32.0

Hi @Daniel_Luebke,

Thanks for the info! I took another look using FF32 and Windows 7 (My BrowserStack account doesn’t appear to have a “Live” test for Ubuntu OS).

I’m not seeing any navbars though. I’ve heard of a similar issue before but a solution escapes my memory. Perhaps it’s an overflow issue, but I can’t recreate it on my machine or emulator to be sure.

Have you had any luck with this?

Cheers,
Will

1 Like

Hi Will - thank you for your perseverance! I am happy to report the issue has been solved. You were right - it was a matter of turning the overflow to hidden. It did the trick, perfect.

Thanks again!