Keep element similar between pages ("Disable" current state)

Hi there,

New to Webflow, I started building my own portfolio website a couple days ago and it hasn’t been a fast learning curve but I my homepage is almost done and responsive. However I am now stuck on a simple button style issue.

DESIGN:
I designed a button for my homepage (back to homepage); and I added it to my footer so this button appears on every pages.

ISSUE:
But when I add my footer symbol to a new page, the button appears different (original looking).

TRIED SOLUTION:
After a bit of research it seems to be related to the current state status which activates at the moment I modify the style of my button.
I tried clicking the “cross” next to the current state tab, or bring it back to “none” status, but nothing works.

HELP?:
Any idea how to have better control of this “current state” feature? It really doesn’t feel intuitive at all… I tried finding information about it but I can only find stuff about hover, pressed…so if anybody has a link to some clear explanation, that would be really appreciated.

Thank you very much, my read-only project should be attached.

Clem

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

Since we can not create A new page in the read only link - i can’t see what’s happening when you add A footer symbol to your new page - can you please record your screen to show the senario?

Hi Shoko,

Just FYI, I “fixed” the issue by restyling the button for my new page(s).
After a bit more reading, it seems like since the button is a link to the homepage; when I am on the homepage, it can only ready it as in “current state”. I don’t think you can turn “current state” on/off since it’s related to the how you link stuff I think…please tell me otherwise if you know better.

To answer your question, when I added the footer symbol to a new page, the button would appear in its original webflow style (blue box white text).

Thanks,
Clem

1 Like