Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Layout of whole website becomes horizontal and messed up (Navbar issue)

Hello everyone,
Everything is fine in the “designer” page and preview, but once published all goes wrong as the page takes some kind of horizontal layout. (see attachment). Any solutions?
Thank you so much

Thanks for posting this, this definitely looks like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? When did it start occurring?

Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @ed11

The team/forum will need more details in order to help you out - to start with:

• Published site link (webflow.io)
  • Preview link so we can see if there are any settings issues (project settings - share)
  • Which browser are you using/seeing this behaviour occur in.

edit: @Waldo just too fast for me :wink:

Thanks guys :slight_smile:
Here is the “share” preview: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/esight-switzerland?preview=7e9ac2c6e82c0fc41dcb9d8b7a906340

And here is the “published” version that is problematic: http://esight-switzerland.webflow.io

I’m using safari.

Hi @ed11

This is strange, it looks like something overarching causing it - like you say a horizontal setting that should be vertical, but I can’t seem to locate it. Any custom code added to your project?

Professors @Waldo @brando @AnnaKelian - I revert to you…

Hi @StuM,
Thanks so much for your help. There used to be a few lines of custom code; which I have removed to see if it made any changes - then published it again. Sadly, no changes… A head scratcher :wink:

Update: it seems this is a Navbar issue. After changing Navbar layout / display settings from “flex” to another option it helped a bit.

Now I have a navbar that won’t remain at the top, as such: (see image, far right) Any clues ? I tried almost every layout / overflow edits I could think of… Thank you thank you !!

Hi @ed11

It’s currently at the bottom of your site (i’m guessing you are editing as we speak!)

Try moving back to top, and changing it’s display option to fixed/top:

Any good? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @StuM,

Correct, I was editing to figure out what could cause the problem - and I tried putting the navbar at the bottom to understand better. Didn’t help

I tried what you suggested and it still the same issue. Navbar gets displayed at the far right (and disappears on mobile somehow)… I’m not an expert so maybe the answer is very simple… thanks already so much for your help.

No problem!

Is there a particular reason for the hidden section currently just above the nav? (‘built to transform lives’)

Also I would move the nav to just below the body in the structure.

Is anything different when you change the video to justify center rather than start.

Clutching at straws a little - it does seem odd the vast difference you are seeing between designer and published.

Any thoughts @aaronocampo @samliew @garymichael1313 ?

Did not know that hidden section was there - gone now.

Nav bar - now just below body in structure.
Video - justified center

Still no changes :frowning: :wink:

update: Solved! There was something called AA Text Div in the Navbar. I tried deleting that and it worked :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you for your help @StuM very nice of you!

Yesss !

I didn’t solve it, but at least I uncovered some mysteries for you!

Moved to ‘Design Help’ category

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.