Lightbox CMS, trying to get different Lightbox images tied to their own thumbnail image on a portfolio page

I am trying to create a portfolio page where each image has their own lightbox “gallery” with 3 images each. I am creating this with a CMS collection, everything looks the way I want it to, but when clicking on a thumbnail image, the lightbox shows all thumbnail images from all projects. I want it to show the gallery images from that specific project only.

There is not a way to select the multi-image field when connecting the lightbox to the CMS collection.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
Anna

I’m looking for a way to do this as well. I don’t think it is supported dynamically.

It’s a shame there isn’t more customization for light boxes. My particular use for a light box is to show a unique thumbnail image that contains a smaller image of interest (it’s not just a smaller version of the image in the light box). Upon clicking it additional unique images would appear and there would also be an option to add a title, caption, and text blurb about the images. Overall I would have a set of thumbnails that represent a separate project. Seems like the only way to get this is to custom code it as far as I can tell.