Lightbox doesn't work in editor mode?

Hey all!

I’m about to launch a client’s site and was showing him how to edit his site, but then when I clicked on a button to show a lightbox with text inside, it wouldn’t work. But it works just fine when you’re not logged into the editor.

(FYI, for now as a workaround, I went ahead and created CMS collections for those so my client can edit the text in the backend CMS, but I want him to be able to edit the text on the frontend, too.)

Here’s a quick video showing you what’s going on:

And here’s the share link:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/spottercharts?preview=9123845adbbac3507ef8bfd2ff01be3f

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK

Hi @adiggy

Thanks for the video. I think it has to do with our editor overlaying the interaction. I was about to suggest just adding a CMS field instead, but you have already done this. I’ll ask the team if there is a workaround for this.

1 Like

Thanks for checking in on this, @PixelGeek!

FYI, I’m looking to launch this first thing Monday, so the sooner the better. Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed response. I’ve tried finding a workaround, like replacing the button with a regular div and setting the mouse click interaction to that, but it seems like the interaction doesn’t even fire.

I’ll see if anyone else in the team has a solution for this

CloudApp

Thanks @PixelGeek! Any word from the team on this yet?

Hello? @PixelGeek? Anybody? This isn’t like y’all to keep me hanging this long! :hushed:

Hi @adiggy

Thanks so much for your patience on this.

I did some more testing on this end and was definitely able to see this weird behavior.

I’ve reported this to our IX2 engineers and we’ll continue to dig into this. In the mean time, it looks like you found the best solution — using dynamic content for this modal so your client can update via the Editor UI.

I’ll be sure to keep you posted on this as we learn more :bowing_man:

Thanks so much for the followup, @Brando! Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Brando! Any update on this? Thanks so much!

@adiggy

Thanks for requesting an update on this.

Not official word back yet on a fix for this. Did the workaround mentioned above help you and your client get around this issue?

Yes, the workaround works, but just not as elegant. :confused: I just want it to be as easy as possible for my client when he is updating the website in the most WYSIWYG way possible. Thanks for letting me know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.