Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Link collection list to static pages

Hello there,

I am building a portfolio website and created my “home” with the help of the CMS collection list to show project previews (image, description, and CTA to project page). Now, I built each project page as a static page and I have trouble now linking the preview with the actual project page. Can you actually link them or does the project page need to be a collection page too?
Thanks a lot!

I use a similar system for my blog. I have a collection of posts, and most of the posts are CMS, but some of the posts are static pages.

So, in my collection, I added a Link Field named “static page link” for when the post is a static page.

In my collection lists, on each item, I have two button: one button has the CMS link “Current item” that redirects to the CMS item page, the other is a button link attached to the “static page link” field.

The button that link to the CMS page has a conditional visibility on “static link field IS NOT set”, and the button to static page has a conditional visibility on “static link IS set”. So only one button ever appear on each item, they look identical, and redirect either to the CMS post or the static post page.

1 Like