Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Link on homepage to change Slider/Section on homepage

Hi there,

I'm trying to get a link on the homepage to show a different element/section to show.

Here is my home page, I’d like to click on LIFE and for a slider/section below to show the corresponding content, is this possible? Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/tempus-7b110f?preview=524cf90398d61dc07d0c6659e799a257

Hi there,

Yes this is quite easy to do if I'm understanding correctly what you'd like to do.

Click on your LIFE section and go to the settings cog tab on the right hand side of the designer and there should be a space at the top to create an internal link. Sorry don't have Webflow open at the moment but pretty sure it's called something like that anyway. Place the word Life in there and then on your Life navigation link or button you can then choose that section to scroll to.

Hope that helps a bit. If you can't get what I'm referring to then later on I'll take a screen animation showing what I mean and upload it for you.

Best wishes,

Mark

Sorry but upon looking at your image further (I was looking on a tiny screen before) I'm now thinking that perhaps you mean for when you click on Life that it will make a certain image in the image slider show?

It's just that I saw you'd said slider/section so had thought you meant section but if you meant to a certain slide in the image slider then what I've said above won't work, sorry.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I managed to sort of get at what I wanted through the tabs element. This poses some problems for my design though...

I need to know if I can have tabs underneath those tabs that alter what information is shown in the tab pane?? For instance I want people to click on “LIFE” and then be able to pick from 3 highlighted months out of the 12 months below, and then for each of the 3 months clicked to show different content. I know it’s fairly complex! (See image 1 below.)

Also, I have a spacer image I’m using between the text but I can’t get it to align automatically in tabs. Once viewed in preview mode the spacers aren’t correctly centred. Is there a workaround to this? (See image 2 below.)

Image 1:

Image 2:

Seems like you want a slider within a tabs within another tabs.

<tabs>

<tab = life>

<tabs>
       <tab = jan>
       <slider>
       </jan>

<tab = feb>
       <slider>
       <feb>

</tab = life>

<tab = femme>

<tabs>
       <tab = jan>
       <slider>
       </jan>

<tab = feb>
       <slider>
       <feb>

Make sense?

Sort of, but in order to get it functioning in webflow I'm not quite sure how. Can you assist at all? Thanks in advance!

I just gave you the recipe.

1. Create a tabs.

2. Within that tabs, create your sections of Life, Femme, etc.

3. Then within each of those tabs, insert another tabs.

4. Create sections of January, February, March - whichever months you want.

5. Then within each of those tabs, add a slider.

I recommend styling the first slider, adding your images - then duplicate it into the rest of the months.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/tabs-example?preview=e0686415b29ba674c07602981c9cbacd

http://tabs-example.webflow.io/

I managed to sort it out! To anyone trying, you just insert another tabs menu inside the tab pane of whichever tab is selected, and repeat for the next tab. Thanks for the help everyone. Just need to work out how to get spacers in there and aligned now.

Kind regards

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.