Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Load Animations Playing Again when Left Idle

Hi there,

I have an issue that appears on a number of my websites where the animation I have created on load starts playing again when I come back to the page after some time. A part of the animation will play rather than the full animation so looks strange. Has anyone else encountered this behavior or know of a fix?

Thanks,

Niall

Hi Niall,

Thanks for posting about this — it definitely sounds like odd behavior.

Can you please provide a bit more information? Can you please share your Read-Only link?

When you said:

when I come back to the page after some time

Can you clarify this a bit? Do you mean when you have a page open in browser window, then come back to that window from another application after a certain amount of time?

Can you also send me a screen recording of what you see (CloudApp or Quicktime work well).

Could you also please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply.

The share only link is: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/scarlett-heifer?preview=2a5431d23f4336c84ae97e638d051b83

http://scarlett-heifer.webflow.io/

Can you clarify this a bit? Do you mean when you have a page open in browser window, then come back to that window from another application after a certain amount of time?

Yes, exactly this and when coming back from another browser tab.

It’s hard to capture on video as it’s unpredictable. It only happens occasionally.

The issue occurs with the animation on the home page hero section. The second stage of the animation will replay which is the cow reducing in size.

Thanks,

Niall

Hi @Niall_Mc_Dermott

Thanks for that extra information. I’ve not been able to see the issue here yet, but I’ll continue to test to see if I can see what’s going on here.

I did notice, thought, that this animation is built using Legacy Interactions — can you please try to rebuild this using the new Interactions to see if the issue persists?

​Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.