Load portfolio item on same page in modal

Hi everyone I just started this new project and I’d love to see if you could help me with an issue I don’t know if its possible, or the best way to tackle this. I’m creating an agency portfolio and I’d like to have a list of items, I know how to do that, and every item to load in the same page without jumps in a modal window; I’ve done this before by using a custom modal, the problem I think it is bandwith usage since I can actually create a modal for each item and then show/hide when needed but this will load all stuff before requested, am I right? I’ve tought of doing a template for portfolio items and than embed them in a modal when requested but I don’t know if it is possible to do it with webflow inner pages. I want to replicate not in design, but in function this portfolio:

Not 100% sure I understand what you’re asking but yes, in general, you’re correct that if you want a modal window for dynamic items, then:

1. You’ll load + hide everything up front
  2. Use interactions to trigger the display of the modal

Is that what you’re asking? A webflow staffer wrote about the best way to do this.

Hi and thanks for answering, yes that’s what I want to do and I’ve done it, the only caveat is that everything must load first and if let’s say I have 10 case studies / projects to show, every visitor will load everything even if it never gets displayed. The other thing would be getting it to load a different page but I’d prefer if the page jump isn’t notable.

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.