Local Business Schema in Organic Results

I am looking to introduce some key information into the organic result page where my local business shows up on google, I want my search engine result to page to show rating stars similar to facebook and yelp results in search. top result is my current and bottom is what I am going for.

Read only: Webflow - azautocrafters

Schema.org is a valuable resource for this but I am still having some trouble with how to integrate into webflow and what is the best way to do it.

Hi @clcastr2,

Google recommends to use the JSON-LD method of adding schema, and that is super easy in Webflow :slight_smile:

Here is a sample json-ld snippet with a local business schema markup for ratings and reviews:

<script type="application/ld+json">
	{
  	"@context": "http://schema.org",
  	"@type": "Dentist",    
  	"name": "Family Dentistry",
    "aggregateRating": {
    "@type": "AggregateRating",
    "ratingValue": "4",
    "reviewCount": "2"
 	 },  	
    "review": [
    {
      "@type": "Review",
      "author": "Ellie",
      "datePublished": "2011-04-01",
      "description": "I'm not entirely upset with this office, but the staff at the front desk could have been nicer in letting me know they have nothing available for the next 2 months.",
      "name": "Good services, poor communication",
      "reviewRating": {
        "@type": "Rating",
        "bestRating": "5",
        "ratingValue": "3",
        "worstRating": "1"
      	}
    },
    {
      "@type": "Review",
      "author": "Lucas",
      "datePublished": "2011-03-25",
      "description": "I was finally able to get my old crown replaced with a new, porcelain one at a cost that doesn't break the bank.",
      "name": "Affordable Crowns",
      "reviewRating": {
        "@type": "Rating",
        "bestRating": "5",
        "ratingValue": "5",
        "worstRating": "1"
      }
    }
  ]
}
</script>

The schema markup can be tested through the google structured data testing tool: Инструмент проверки разметки schema.org | Центр Google Поиска  |  Google Developers

Here is a really good guide and an intro: The JSON-LD Markup Guide To Local Business Schema - Whitespark

The entire schema from schema.org can be input in json-ld format. More information: JSON-LD Implementation Guide for Structured Data Markup - Portent

The json-ld is also great, because you do not have to add schema data to individual page elements.

I hope this helps !

4 Likes

Thank you Dave for taking the time to answer my questions! I did go through and looked at the json-ld snippet that you created. Would this get the stars into the organic SERP? Im not looking to have individual reviews there just the overall star rating.

After the schema is created, would it be inserted into the head of the homepage and then just need to be published?

Hi @clcastr2, yes to both questions, you can completely modify the snema info items, depening on the info needed.

The rating part of the snippet will show the review rating, although you can add a rating to most schema types.

You create a site, update your code, put that in the head and republish.

You can get it 100% correct by using the google structured data tool linked above, let me know when you start working on it, and if you need help, send me the link to the site and I am happy to look further: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

I hoep this helps!

1 Like