Looking to link each CMS Collection to separate non-CMS pages

Hi,

Sorry my lingo isnt the best but I cant seem to find a solution. Basically I have a CMS Collection of training courses, and I want each one to link to its own seperate booking form. Every time i update a link it changes the link on all of them, so they all only lead back to one same booking form.

Below is a screenshot and the link. Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Here is my public share link: https://iipe-project.webflow.io/courses/dealing-with-people-and-difficult-situations-in-the-workplace

site|576x500

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @Andy14,

Is the booking form link coming from the CMS Collection, or are you updating the link on the CMS Collection page template?

If you have a URL field in your CMS Collection for the booking form link, you should be able to use that URL for the button link on each course page. If youā€™re updating the link on the page template, that link will stay the same for every course page.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for the quick reply! Iā€™ve added a new custom field to the CMS collection, which looks like it is set up to allow different links, the only problem is i cant see it on my actual final page? Iā€™m sure this is simple enough but iā€™m very new to this. Any help would be appreciated.

I have found a bit of a workaround in just literally typing some text into my CMS page content and linking it, but would rather a button to link out if possible.

Thanks!

You should be able to link the button to the link from your CMS Collection similar to the way you link text on the page. If you share a read-only link for your project, I can take a look and point you in the right direction.

That would be great thank you!

As you can see i have a ā€œBOOK YOUR PLACEā€ link here at the bottom, which is kind of doing the job. But i would really like that green button on the left hand side to link to its own booking form page. And the next course to have that button link to its own separate booking form page, and so on. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks again.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/iipe-project?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=iipe-project&preview=2ec61a5d5c677f0ed91b829917329dcb&pageId=5f06f78125cda046e4b114ec&itemId=5f0c41b2191bc1b09cdedd90&mode=preview

It looks like somethingā€™s wrong with your link ā€“ Iā€™m getting a 404 page. Can you share again?

Sorry, try this, thanks again much appreciated!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/iipe-project?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=iipe-project&preview=2ec61a5d5c677f0ed91b829917329dcb&pageId=5f06f78125cda046e4b114ec&itemId=5f0c41b2191bc1b09cdedd90&mode=preview

@Andy14 - If your form has the same fields for each collection item and you just need to know that the person filling out the form was on a specific collection item, you can add a hidden field using custom code inside the form element, where the value comes from the CMS Item. This approach saves burning a static page for each form since the form can be on the CMS template in a modal or just on the page. Examples of this exist in the forums.

If you need more fields per item, it is possible to do using custom code.

Thanks for the reply. To be honest i would prefer the forms to be each on their own pages, as it will have the course title at the top, which is ideal. I just really want to find out how to add links to each CMS collection item that go to different places. Right now i have just text linked, but would prefer to have a button.

@Andy14, if Iā€™m understanding you correctly, you could add a field to your Collection that includes the booking form URL (pointing to the static booking form page), which would allow you to pull the individual URLs via the Collection.

I think thereā€™s a more streamlined way to achieve your overarching goal, as Jeff suggested. You could include the booking form on the page for the course, which already has the course title that signifies the course the user is booking, or include the form in a modal that appears when the user clicks the Book Your Place button.

I hope that helps!

Iā€™ve got it!

Thank you both very much for the help. The modal pop up was a bit too advanced for me. But i added a new field in my collection and edited the layout of the page for the button to go to a separate URL each time. Apologies @blakelam you were basically saying that from the start! But it just finally clicked, thanks again!

1 Like

Hi! I hope itā€™s ok to reach out!

Iā€™m so stuck with the same issue as Andy and have tried so many things but I canā€™t crack it.

I simply want to be able to edit each pop up modal linked to each CMS collection itemā€™s ā€˜read moreā€™ button.
But when I edit one it edits them all.

SO VERY grateful if you can shed light!

Lal :blush:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/bridgets-portfolio-6e8343?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=bridgets-portfolio-6e8343&preview=62d4fc47a273e0916433af8ed8cdad9b&mode=preview

say it is so very different CMS Collection or non-CMS pages which?

Hi there,

Sorry for my incredibly non-technical reply here.

Basically in your CMS settings, you have a lot of different fields, so in your case, Iā€™m guessing Name " Juliana and Ranulph of Morpeth Castle", description ā€œThe Earliest History of the Gospatric and de Merlay familiesā€, you need to create a new field, and select Reference, (i would suggest naming it ā€œRead moreā€ or something.

Link that reference to your Read More CMS Collection (assuming youve created one, or somewhere to link to for more information)

Then edit the look of your CMS page (at the bottom of the pages section), and link that button to the Read More CMS collection, or whatever your calling it.

Again sorry i dont know the lingo and you probably already knew a lot of that. But thats how i got mine working.

Best of luck, hope it helps!

Thank you, Andy! I really appreciate your response!
And I finally managed to get this figured out.
Thanks again for your time.

Lal

| Andy14 Andy Cantwell
April 26 |

• | - |

Hi there,

Sorry for my incredibly non-technical reply here.

Basically in your CMS settings, you have a lot of different fields, so in your case, Iā€™m guessing Name " Juliana and Ranulph of Morpeth Castle", description ā€œThe Earliest History of the Gospatric and de Merlay familiesā€, you need to create a new field, and select Reference, (i would suggest naming it ā€œRead moreā€ or something.

Link that reference to your Read More CMS Collection (assuming youve created one, or somewhere to link to for more information)

Then edit the look of your CMS page (at the bottom of the pages section), and link that button to the Read More CMS collection, or whatever your calling it.

Again sorry i dont know the lingo and you probably already knew a lot of that. But thats how i got mine working.

Best of luck, hope it helps!

1 Like