Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Lottie disappears?

Anyone else having lottie animations completely disappear only on Chrome?

I thought I had broken my (first weblow) site… but the problem now persists even on new projects!

Hey @RyanFoxhill . I totally freaked out about that, this morning. Then I exported my site and it was there and working perfectly (both in safari and chrome). I didn’t try to do anything about it in that moment, nor even tried to troubleshoot, just worked on other stuff and thought I’ll see what I have messed up later.

I opened up my project a couple hours later and it was showing again. I really did nothing that would affect it appearing or disappearing, so my only theory is that I had many tabs and apps opened and the RAMs could not preview it in the designer (although I have no idea if that is the case or not).

Yes, my only advice for now is, literally, try turning it on and off again :laughing:

If you exported your site and it still did not show, then the issue would have to be a layout (or simple z-index) problem. If that is the case, share your read-only link, maybe I could help you spot the issue.

I have the same problem with Lottie :confused:

1 Like

Same. It just stops working. How can this be fixed?

hmm weird, mine is working.

TBH I’ve found it to be as temperamental as it is cool. A Lottie heavy page needed me to delete all elements and start again to get it to work, rebuilt exactly the same and it worked.

I’m now more worried about the Firefox redraw problems that cause strobing when animations play!

@RyanFoxhill @Mr_Finn @Emin @Niall_Mc_Dermott @mrtowers I’m not sure if you’re having the same problem I was (Lottie animation disappearing after it finishes animating). But if you are, then I found out that for some weird reason/bug, that the last frame is often a blank frame.

Try going into your interaction and changing the Lottie’s final state from 100% (default) to 99% - or something similar. That way, it stops before it gets to that final blank frame.

Lottie 99

2 Likes

Thanks for this info!

1 Like