Mailchimp Archive

I am trying to add a decent Mailchimp archive to the website and would like to know if anyone else has attempted this and can offer any experiences. The code that Mailchimp generates is very simple and thought maybe there is a better way to do it.

Have you been able to find a solution on this? I have a client requesting exactly the same.

@Sundae

If I remember correctly, Mailchimp’s archive is hosted as a page on their own servers, so there is little option for styling. If you could get it as e.g. JSON that would be a possibility but a better approach is to rebuild that archive as a part of your site;

• Setup a CMS Collection representing the Newsletters. Give it title, date, etc. and a link field that will contain the URL of the Mailchimp-published newsletter.
  • Style that page however you like.
  • Setup an automation, to add new newletters when they’re published.

On that third step you should have several options. I’d look for that new newsletter event in this order of preference;

1. Check Mailchimp’s API first, specifically webhooks and the campaign event.
    https://mailchimp.com/developer/marketing/api/list-webhooks/add-webhook/

2. Look for an RSS of published newsletters, and trigger off of that.

3. Setup an inbox, and trigger off of newly received newsletter emails.

All 3 should have the link to view that newsletter in-browser, which is what you need for the CMS. However #3 will require email parsing.

2 Likes