MailChimp signup form integration

Webflow now supports MailChimp signup form submission, using the same Ajax form behavior you’re accustomed to with our original form components. By following the steps below, you should be well on your way to populating your MailChimp list via your webflow site.

Open MailChimp, navigate to “Signup Forms”

From there, select “Embedded Forms”

Copy the code

Extract the form action value

Using a text editior (Sublime Text for example), select the form’s action (near the top of the code), and take everything in between the two quotation marks. Copy it to your clipboard.

Your selection should look something like this:
http://yourname.us3.list-manage2.com/subscribe/post?u=c3bb42f0c1f3538fd59a2222f&id=7b4971b3d9

Finally, paste the action into Webflow

Located in the Form Settings tab, paste your action into the text field.

All set!

Your MailChimp integration is complete.

Note: Because the Webflow designer is hosted on a secure SSL platform, it is currently not possible to submit your MailChimp form while in preview mode. You must publish or export your site for it to work.

Supported fields

MailChimp currently supports the following fields. Additional fields will be ignored.

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Email

Cheers,
-Dan

18 Likes

Thanks @danro & Webflow team. This is fantastic!

1 Like

Hi,

Just followed the guide, but my form no longer works. When pressing the submit button, nothing happens… I’ve put it back to normal again now as can’t afford to lose out on subscribers…

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

@Daniel_Kempe Give it another try now. I just made the email field more accepting of values like ‘email-address’ which was most likely the issue.

Let us know how it goes!
-Dan

i can’t get it to work either… it just says that there’s an error in submitting theform

@artistro08 Be sure to try different email addresses when testing your form. MailChimp will lock you out for 5 minutes when you use the same email repeatedly.

-Dan

2 Likes

Alright I’ll try it now

I still get the same error. with any email. idk why :confused: the signup form is here: http://www.styleclothingco.com

here’s the public link also https://webflow.com/design/styleclothingco?preview=ece58e0942b68574d1cbb49b62fbfd6a

@artistro08 It looks like the name of your Comment field is set to Email. It must have been overwriting the other email field when sending to MailChimp.

Also keep in mind that MailChimp will not store the Comment field. It looks like they only support:

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Email

-Dan

1 Like

thank you! it is up and running :smiley: the comment field was the culprit.

1 Like

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Having trouble with mailchimp integration

I’ve got the form working, but only the email is showing up in mailchimp. Not sure why. I’ve tried several changes with no change. Temp site can be seen here… http://stop-the-buffering.webflow.com

And here’s the public link… Webflow - Stop the Buffering

I have added the code in the action field, used the default email field that comes with the form.
Pressed submit, the form says it worked, but it is not showing inside mailchimp.
Is there a delay in processing on mailchimp side?

I found out why Mailchimp seems to not work.
Registrations get processed by MailChimp waiting to be confirmed by the user.
Only all the emails have been send to my old email address where i have registrated mailchimp on.

This is really strange as it received all the confirmation emails from the different email addresses.
In the mail address information it says send from “address” to “address i filled in the form” but still i receive them all in my old email inbox?

Maybe something goes wrong inside the form sending information to mailchimp?

Hi there, helpful, but I am not seeing new signups post to my MC list. Does this have to do with the fields not matching. Perhaps something is missing from the explanation above?

1 Like

Are you definitely confirming the sign up? If you put your own email in to test but don’t click the confirmation email, the signups won’t show on your list.

Another problem that I’ve experienced is if you delete the field labels in webflow. Rather than deleting them, just give them a class and set it to display none.

1 Like

Do you mean that gives an error with Mailchimp?

Yes I believe so. It shows the error message saying ‘oops something went wrong’. I didn’t test thoroughly though so not entirely certain why the error is occurring.

Anyone tried Zapier.com? So ,yes, is it easy to work with?

2 Likes

I followed the instructions above. The form submission is successful. It shows me the ‘Success’ state but nothing is showing up in Mailchimp. What am I missing?