We currently have duplicates of our site that is more catered to a particular country for SEO purpose and to increase local exposure. We also setup HREFlang codes to redirect segmented traffic to their suitable site.
My main problem is:
- We add new content (in our collection) frequently
- We make a variety of iterations to our website and want to show the same iterations to the rest of the multi-country site but it is very time-consuming to recreate some of the iterations (especially when we have 2 other sites)
Our main goal right now is to able to ease the maintenance duration between multiple sites and have thought of a particular workaround:
Frequent duplication of the site
How it will work is
- Once iterations and new contents are added, Webflow site is duplicated
- Delete the current Webflow sites without the changes
- Since the domain is already pointed to webflow, you only need to add the custom domain and update billing
- Re-update the navbar and google analytics (or any other specific changes that are specific in other country websites but It’s not a lot)
The only caveat here is that I’ve not tried the method yet and I’m not sure if there’s any technical consequences that comes from recreating the sites except for the small time drop-out in propagating the domains - which for me is way better than spending time recreating changes (a method we don’t want to keep doing if we’re going to stay in webflow and we’ll have to expand to more countries)
FYI: We’ve found a way to efficiently update the collection items but not the design iterations (but Webflow’s API doesn’t have the upload images function yet…)
Keen to hear some thoughts on this.