Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Major iPad issues

Created a simple landing page with some buttons in a div at the bottom which looks great on desktop. Looks great when i go to the tablet view. But on an actual iPad it is so broken beyond belief i don't know where to start to fix it.

I then decided to just try and hide it but of course WebFlow has no landscape view setting so it re-appears on landscape -- still broken.

Yes I know I will need to head into the code and fix it by hand but why does WebFlow not have all the breakpoints in the system that we need?

How do i send screenshots or a link to a support person to show them what is going on?

Hello @Crispin,

Could you please update your post with a read-only link so that we can help you faster?
How to Share a Read-Only link to my site: http://help.webflow.com/faq/how-do-i-share-my-sites-read-only-link

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Regards,
Anna

Sure here you go: removed

And here's what is happening on iPad:

And few more questions:
- What browser do you use on iPad?
- Is it landscape or portrait view?

Safari. Both views. I had hidden that block on the tablet setting but since it didn't affect it on landscape i've put it back for viewing.

Could you try to make those links display: block instead of inline-block?

that didn't help. i've tried making columns and sub columns and all is fine on chrome -- but safari continues to do weird things. The icon is really tiny for some reason and floating up and to the right.

ok it turns out this is something to do with how iPad handles phone numbers (apparently). As soon as I took out the phone number (which i didn't link -- the device just senses it) --- it renders fine.

So it has something to do with device. What iPad version do you use?

Hey @Crispin you can just add a class to the phone number and then style it at the different breakpoints. That should resolve the issue. :smile: iOS has a mind of its own :wink:

@Waldo Any idea what settings need to be put into CSS? It went beyond just the usualy bllue color as it really messed it up.

Hey @Crispin it appears that your row & columns fixed to the bottom of the screen haven't been styled yet. I recommend adding a set height to the row and columns and that should help resolve the issue on iPad and add a class name to the phone number (may need to use a span style) and change the font color/remove underline (basically force it so that it's not inheriting styles from desktop).

Let me know if that helps please.

discovered this too:

<meta name = "format-detection" content = "telephone=no">

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.