Streaming live at 10am (PST)

MAJOR ROADBLOCK: WE Cant use ecommerce due to our current site using /category/ slug already

Hello Team,
Super excited about the launch of ecommerce on WF. However when we try to launch the ecommerce system tells us we have to release the name ‘categories’ becuase the ecommerce system needs it.

Our news website uses this for all our news categories. So becuase of this one thing we are unable to now use e-commerce.

Can you advise is there is a way around this? We want to open a shop but this will make it impossible. We cant change the entire link structure of our current website (over 5000 pages) because the e-commerce system has to use /categories/ surely there must be a way to rename it and use an alternative?

@laveritalondon I do agree with you i think that WF could rename the CMS tables to eProducts and eCategories. No conflicts and easu to understand

I know this is in the works of being updated, but it is an issue for many users. Especially those who have had sites up and running for months or even years.

Hey @laveritalondon ,

Just to be clear… the eCommerce feature uses the slug /category/ .

I do agree, and think they are just using that name for beta… just want to make sure you know the exact slug.

thanks. Updated the post!