Make phone number text partially hidden, reveal on click

I’m trying to make the phone numbers partially hide on both the dropdown menu as well as the phone button on the ‘email’ page (i.e. hide the last 4 digits to be revealed on click, so I can set a Google Analytics event to record the event. I can’t figure out how to do that.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/test-phone-obfuscation?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=test-phone-obfuscation&preview=be2e242a126550d3df43c4b1390d8181&mode=preview

Hey @egd

This is what you need to do;

In (Dashboard > Custom Code > Footer Code) ;

<script>
    $(function(){
      let phoneNotShown = true;
      const phoneNumber = $('#phoneNumber').text().trim();
      const hiddenPhoneNumber = phoneNumber.slice(0,-4) + '****';

$('#phoneNumber').text(hiddenPhoneNumber).attr('href', '#');

$('#phoneNumber').click(function(e) {
        if(phoneNotShown) {
          e.preventDefault();
          $(this).text(phoneNumber).attr('href', 'tel:' + phoneNumber);
          phoneNotShown = false;
        } else {
          return true;
        }
      });
    });
</script>

What we are doing above;

1. Giving the phone link an id of phoneNumber
  2. Adding the obscured number on page ready.
  3. Preventing the link from dialing the phone no. before it is revealed.

Let me know if this helps;

Reveal No --- Click

Thanks @AlexManyeki . Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the guide on how to hide your number partially. I hate when my number is public on some websites. For example, I have my phone number on my Facebook profile, and I can’t delete it, so I am always getting a lot of calls from different people promoting their services or products. It is why I never use my phone number to create an account anymore. I use a temporary phone number in France. This temporary number receives the confirmation number to finish the registration without using your phone number.

1 Like

Anyone know how can i update os on my Vivo X80 Pro, Also i need to know the best phone of 2022 and Price in Pakistan.