Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Making lightbox grid gallery out of CMS multi-image field?

Hey there,

I can’t seem to wrap my head around making a photo collage by using the CMS collection multi-image field. Apparently there are some restrictions for placing images manually within the grid if using the multi-image field.

Any ideas whether this is possible?

Here’s the design I want:

It should be lightbox, so that clicking each image opens the gallery.

I’ve managed to do this by using single images, but I’m running out of collection fields when using 7 for the separate images on my real page.

I’ve replicated the situation on a test page:

Here’s the live test site: https://grid-image-gallery.webflow.io/photo-galleries/test
Here is my site Read-Only: LINK

2 Likes

I’m also interested in this

Hi, did you have any success with this?

I’ve been following this Tutorial, which should do exactly what you and I want but I can’t link to the multi-image field (only my singular lead image), it just doesn’t show up in my the drop down list of the CMS Collections.

Is this what you’re trying to accomplish?

Hey @Smallboxes @myonke,

In the end, I just used single images (each one is a Collection List):

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 13.24.34

This takes 7 collection fields but my workaround was to use reference fields, so I managed to keep the fields under the limit.

Thanks, that’s it, did that as a lightbox gallery but also needed to get the layout right.

Thanks, for this. I’ve decided to go for a standard Lightbox approach and use it as a symbol. It’s more work but won’t need to be edited much once the project is done. I’ll look at this for future ones though, thanks.