Making my own form

Hi,

I’m not a big fan of the form in webflow because of the lack of options. So I’m thinking of making my own form using HTML. But I have a feeling I’m way over my head :stuck_out_tongue:

What I want to achieve is a form used on a collection page for a course. So when someone uses the form to fill in name, email and so on the client AND the customer get the form with the information but also get the information of what course the customer have sign up to.

I use JotForm of today, but I can’t use CMS integrated in the form. The customer have to write down what course and what date the he wants, and that’s really not pro enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anyone have a resepi for me? I’m reading up on w3schools but its not good enough or I just don’t get it.

I would stick with Webflow forms. And add custom code to insert a hidden field with the specific you can’t do with the current form.
Plus, you can hook the webflow form to mailchimp, or through zapier to Google Docs, through Gmail, or merge in Asana.

Wouldn’t that be easier?

Hi Diu

I have thought about that and asked about that earlier, but no help was given. But as I now sit and learn more about form in combination with cms I think that should be possible. The only thing I haven’t figured out is how to insert the course name and date into the form wrapper with cms.
Any guides on that would be awesome. :slight_smile:

Using Zapier is a great idea and something I’m always considering. The only problem is money for this client. (as well as every other client :stuck_out_tongue: )

Basically you need to put the post / page title to go into the form right?
That’s when you need jquery, and thereto, call the one and only @bart to shine some light how to deal with the CMS-outputted page title.

Although I think this will do:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7574966/insert-page-title-into-hidden-form-value-with-javascript-jquery

1 Like