Menu on tablet disappears with touch

Here’s a read only link:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/new-waves-83e23a4adfefefcf12b1c4da05191?preview=b7bdb8499ead30f5220cb41063c25cb1

On the tablet, if you choose the burger icon in the upper right on the tablet (ipad, iOS 9 and 8 too) the menu slides from the right, then disappears before you can select anything. If you hold your finger down on the menu, it will slide out, stick, and then you can select (works properly). Except, that most people would just touch it quickly and NOT hold the finger down.

Here’s a video of the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2FFt6C9KMazdlp3OG5IX2tWMnc/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Allan

Hello @rearden

Can you try:

1. remove the float from NAV MENU

2. remove your Embed widget and move that custom code to your site’s Custom code area in your settings page: Custom code in head and body tags | Webflow University

When I do these two things, I’m able to see the nav menu when I click on the More link.

​Try these steps and let me know if you’re successful.

Are you testing this on an iPad? It’s the only place it happens.

I did remove the embed settings, still same behavior though.

We were able to correct it by totally changing the menu type from Over Right to Drop Down. Then it works, but we would like to restore the old behavior/make this work properly using Over Right.

Allan

Hi @rearden, I took a look, and I would suggest to give the mobile button a lower z-index when in the open state, than the nav menu which is sliding “over” the fixed nav menu.

The issue is currently that the close menu action is getting pressed when you just tap the icon with the currently styling.

I made a quick video with a suggestion that seemed to work for me in my testing on the ipad:

​I hope this helps. If not, please let me know – I will be happy to take another look.

Regards,
Dave

1 Like

This did help fix it. Thanks for the help.

A

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.