Mobile Landscape

Hi,

So I have noticed an issue whereby because of the pixel based system by which webflow changes between mobile landscape and portrait versions, when I view sites on landscape (on my actual iphone) they inherit all of the styles of the portrait version. If there were any way to fix this it would be hugely appreciated. I don’t know whether this is the case for just my site or a wider issue but it is highly problematic at the moment.

Unfortunately my client has asked than I not post the public link but I would be happy to explain things more and answer any questions.

Thanks,

Arthur

Hey Arthur,

Are you viewing the site on a phone with a bigger screen like an iPhone 6/6+? The resizing is pixel based, but if you build your site with percentage based options it should help alleviate much of the strange resizing issues.

I typically have to export the site, go and edit the css, add the right media queries needed, and then drop in the custom css thereafter into webflow.

I added this to the wish list: Ability to add custom breakpoints in Webflow Designer - Product feedback - Forum | Webflow

They have the built in feature to preview at screen sizes now, but not the ability to have breakpoints at each one. Would just be a nifty addition in my opinion. Feel free to send me a private message with questions.

Thank you,

Waldo

@Waldo_Broodryk I am using an Iphone 6 but the issue is appearing on smaller phones as well and I am not sure whether that is down to the resolution… The site is based highly on vh as a unit and obviously it is less than convenient in landscape mode where the height of the site is small.

It would be great if you could explain the editing the css. - I have send you a PM.

Arthur

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.