Mobile site appears different in the editor than it does when made live at its destination URL

Hi,
I’m having a little trouble with the mobile versions of the site I’ve created. The backgrounds and, in some cases, the content height of the site appear different on a smartphone after the site has been uploaded to its url than it does in the editor. In the editor, there’s every indication that the site will look normal, but as soon as I upload the files via FTP to my domain, the mobile site’s appearance is radically thrown. Any idea what the issue might be? Incidentally, the desktop browser site functions perfectly.

Many thanks,
Ray

I’m having very similar issues.

Best bet is to share your URL so we can have a look across multiple devices/browsers.

My issue is listed in forum here:

My live site is here:
http://www.customlightingfixtures.com

Maybe we can all help each other.

Hey Seth,
Many thanks for the reply—sounds great. I’ll check out your site and I’ll let you know if I’m able to discover any solutions that’ll to be our mutual benefit.

In the meantime, here’s my site’s url: raybuckley.net

Thanks man! :slight_smile:

• Ray

Initially,I see your main hero image is getting covered up in landscape
mode on iPhone SE by a gray gradient rectangle. In portrait mode all seems
to be Ok

Dave at web flow suggested my issue might be something to do with overflow
being hidden. Maybe that’s something you can try. Unfortunately it did not
help my issues

Hi @raybuckley, could you help to share the read-only link to the site? That will help to check out the styling as shown on the published site: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dave,
Here is the read-only link:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ray-buckley-s-five-star-site?preview=be6e2bac3ecf7647e69b01fc2150791a

Thanks!

• Ray

Hi @raybuckley, one more question at the moment, what kind of smartphone exactly are you using? i.e. iphone6 s, 7 plus, galaxy 5, 6, 7 etc. Also, could you publish the webflow.io site, does the issue happen on the webflow.io site, or only on the external site?

Sorry to interfere… Dave you had asked me to share my post on Forum which
I did earlier in the week and hadn’t heard back. Could you take a peek when
you get a chance? Thanks

Ray I hope you get your issue resolved. I’m sure Dave can help you more
than I can. Good Luck :slight_smile:

Hi @sethregan, thanks, I am taking a look at both issues, and will respond on both :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Tomorrow is fine… get some sleep brother :slight_smile:

Hey Dave,
Thanks again for your help—I just published the site to raybuckley.webflow.io, and it appears the styling problems survived the change of location.

The phone I’ve been testing the mobile site on is an iPhone 5S running iOS 9.3.2. I also recently tested it on an iPad mini, and it actually appeared to display the desktop site, or the tablet site but with the desktop navbar displayed instead of the mobile menu button. It also included a few of the symptoms we’re already examining—most notably the background, which is set in the editor to stay fixed, but scrolls along with the page content when viewed on a tablet or smartphone (that is, minus the homepage, which I’ve set to behave that way by design).

I hope that helps! Let me know if I can provide any other information for you.

Thanks again,
Ray

Thanks, Seth! And likewise. :slight_smile:

Hi Dave, I just wanted to check in and see if you were able to hone in on the problem.

Thanks!

• Ray

Hi @raybuckley can you please update your read-only link:

As well as share the custom domain where your site is so that I can investigate further?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Waldo,
Here’s that read-only link for you:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/raybuckley?preview=be6e2bac3ecf7647e69b01fc2150791a

Many thanks,
Ray

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.