More than 10000 items?

Hey! I’m designing a website that will have 30000 users but the highest limit even on the custom plan is 10000… any ideas?

Webflow does not have users other than designers and editors. The 10000 limit is on CMS items. If you need users with profiles and access to pages you would need to look at third party integrations. If you need a system that can support more then I don’t have any workarounds other then suggesting you choose a product that can support your requirements. I have worked with CMS solutions that easily handle tens of thousands or more users and pages and scale up with larger hosting infrastructures. If you need more info feel free to direct message me.

Thanks for the info! For some reason it wont let me private message you but it would be really cool to hear how you might go about dealing with my problem!

I run a readathon website that had 16K participants last year and we want to use Memberspace so that people can create profiles to track their reading and keep track of the books they read but obviously Webflow has the 10000 limit on CMS items which would wouldn’t be enough. What would you do?

Thanks for the info! For some reason it wont let me private message you but it would be really cool to hear how you might go about dealing with my problem!

I run a readathon website that had 16K participants last year and we want to use Memberspace so that people can create profiles to track their reading and keep track of the books they read but obviously Webflow has the 10000 limit on CMS items which would wouldn’t be enough. What would you do?

Depends on what other features would be required and what you or your teams coding skills and preferred language. If I was going to build a community around it I would probably look at https://una.io/ and custom build a module if it did not exist. I imagine things like rating books, integration to Amazon, groups forming into book clubs and more big picture stuff. You really need to build off a core system that exists versus creation from scratch as that only for well funded ventures.

Totally. I wish we had a giant budget and could build and custom code something big scale! I’ll dig into Una though, that looks promising.

We had problems last year with how many users we had so we’re trying to find robust systems (like discourse) that can handle big user amounts. Haven’t found the solution for profiles yet! We want the profiles to be very basic (just a few fields for people to put in how many pages they read every day and to write in what books they read, really) but it’s a challenge!

1 Like

Any update on this? I have the same issue ! Ugh

1 Like

Hello, I am beginning a new proyect in which the more I grow the more my CMS Items will scale, do you have any recomendations of how I can scale above the 10,000cms item limit?

@alexkalife - Welcome to the forums…

You could use multiple projects by using a reverse proxy to make them seem as one. I think that would be a nightmare to manage IMHO but it’s been done (enterprise supported) but darn expensive.

One option is to port your design from Webflow to a WordPress theme. Personally I think that If you want something that goes beyond Webflow limitations and can be designed / customized to the same level, consider Oxygen Builder with WordPress. For animations I use in motion.page on WordPress sites (GSAP based) or GSAP directly on custom. I get better scores in lighthouse / page speed insights going down this route. The other tools I build with require custom code using CMS’s built for developers or headless. Depends on your skill sets.

There are other options available. Everything depends on your requirements. Of course, you could always hire someone like me if this is out of your ballpark. Cheers.