Move image - getting started

hello watched all the videos but how does one actually move an image position… basic problem : thanks

1 Like

Images are positioned relevant to their parent container. So just place it in a container, and move it around in the container using margins or paddings.

You can place it in a row–>column (thats a containing element) to define its raw placement on your layout. Next you use margin and/or padding to scale and move it. Also floating it to the right or left might help.

On the other hand you could also use absolute positioning to get your image where you want it.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thanks for help here - is there any video or written tutorial showing screenshots?

i can see what you mean about margin and padding for fine allignment but i am also looking for

simular to what you mentioned:

On the other hand you could also use absolute positioning to get your image where you want it.

knowing exactly what you mean there would be great - i presume you mean using somesort of coordinate command which is what i am looking for …

example when i load image in container it is placed on left - i need centre but how ?

thanks

after watching the videos really enthusiastic about your program

but now after this confusion with a basic function I am really wondering here.

seemingly complex and fiddly

but like anything else easy when you know how - practice - cheers

Its not my program :slight_smile: I just use it.

But yes, absolute positioning means that you give it an X and Y coordinate and often also a z-index ( to make sure it is on-top of other elements with absolute positioning)

check this:

and:

Good luck :smiley:

@rangex It’s always best to not use Absolute Positioning for normal layout. I created a tutorial on how to center elements:

1 Like