Multi-image field and CMS collection page

Hi!

I’m making a CMS Collection (named: Tuotesarjat) and I have this design where there’s a rich text element underneath an image. Both the text and the image are from the CMS collection.

The thing is, I now use 4 image fields for all of the 4 images. I’d like to make this same design work with one multi-image field so I could use more fields for something else (the 30 field restriction is coming full).

I tried to implement the multi-image field using the collection list, but if I use that, I cannot link the rich text element to the right collection.

Any ideas on how to make this work, if it’s possible?

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/naturamedia?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=naturamedia&preview=509bfc1f3dfbd9e35c987e27407de9f4&mode=preview

At the moment, you can show Multi-image Field values only on a Collection page, and not within a Collection List. Support for nested Collection lists is planned. Vote for and subscribe to status updates of this feature request.

Hi!

All of the above I’ve been describing is happening inside a CMS Collection page. See below:

I’m not saying I’ll have to be using Collection list for the multi-image field. That’s just the only way I figured it can be done. If there’s any way to achieve what I said in the first post, I’d take that. I really need to have more CMS fields and now it takes 4 separate one image fields because I don’t know how to incorporate the multi-image field into the design of the page.

I think I have a similar issue: Making lightbox grid gallery out of CMS multi-image field?

Any ideas for this?

Hi!

Is there no ideas on how to achieve this?

@Rudeism - I overcome this limitation with custom code and image CDN’s.

How do you do that in practice?

I handle the lightbox with Premium JavaScript UI Component Library and the image serving with imgix.com. The gallery of images is pulled via a field that contains custom code.

Sorry, I’m a bit confused. Is this a solution to the problem @codeLess asked about or a solution to the problem I asked in the beginning?

The only option is to do as you have been (multiple fields used for images), or via a custom code method like I described. This until Webflow allows you to use a multi-image field outside of the collection template page, which should happen eventually.