Multi-Level CMS Nav

I’ve tried a few different ideas to no avail, but I need to create a menu with sub-menu items which may or may not need sub-sub-menu items, if that makes sense. Three levels.

For example:

Main Menu Item > Sub-Menu 1 Item > Sub-Menu 2 Item

The Sub-Menu Item 2 may not be required and if it isn’t possible, I can certainly make due.

In my example, I have the menus set up so I’m not too worried about the design side of it. I’m worried about the CMS side and how to call the Sub-Menu 1 Item.

I’ve tried creating a Menu Items collection that included Sub-Menu Items mixed with the Main Menu Items and then added conditionals but that didn’t work. I tried a Sub-Menu Items collection (in addition to a Main Menu Items collection) with references.

Still nothing. I’m at a loss. Is this even possible? I feel so close.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

For anybody who finds this randomly in a Google search or something, I’m not sure it can be done.

A workaround might be to manually create the dropdowns until you get to the lowest level in each dropdown, and then the Collection Lists correspond with the parent level.

Example:

Main Menu (manual) > Sub-Menu 1 Item (manual) > Sub-Menu 2 Item (collection) > Collection Page template

USA (manual) > State (manual) > County (collection) > City/Town

Kinda sucks that the first two parents aren’t in the CMS, but this should work for what I need.

1 Like