Multiple Downloads and Tabs Opening At The Same Time

Hey guys,

Not sure what is going here, but I had two separate issues with different clients today that mentioned when they click on a link and even a button, Webflow is opening multiple documents and/or multiple pages. So instead of opening just one document, Webflow opens 5. Or instead of being redirected to one Google Document, Webflow is opening 5 of Google Documents.

Both were using Chrome. These were two totally different sites too.

I tried to replicate the issue but I couldn’t.

Has anyone experienced this recently or heard of this as an issue?

Chris

Thanks for posting this, this definitely sounds like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

If you are able to reproduce, can you please send screenshots of the behavior you’re describing? Or if your clients have screenshots, this would also help.

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Could you please let me know what browser version you’re clients are using by sending me their information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

Here is the site link to one:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/torchoffaith?preview=d0664c14d9323759f45a6e2ce2865b42

Here’s a text thread from the client: https://screencast.com/t/vH8eoy0vlK

Apparently she is having issues when she clicks “Lead A Small Group” and “Take A Next Step” in the Mission Section https://screencast.com/t/yF6H6rrD

Hi @Christopher_Rivers

Thanks for the information. We weren’t able to reproduce this behavior on our end either.

This could be a browser extension causing the issue for your clients.

Can you have them try to reproduce this in incognito with browser extensions disabled?

Ok, they could not replicate the issue in incognito. What does that mean?

More than likely it is a browser extension. Your clients can isolate which one is causing the issue by enabling them one at a time until they can reproduce the issue.

Ok thanks for the update!

1 Like

@Brando I was showing someone a site I created today and experienced multiple downloads again but this time in Safari. This clients site is password protected. Is there any way you can DM so I can share with you how this is happening? Or give you access to see it? I’m not comfortable sharing the client’s password through this thread. Either or I’m still experiencing some problems with multiple downloads.

Hey @Christopher_Rivers!

Sounds odd… Can you please send us all details on Webflow Customer Support | Webflow University? Make sure to add link to this forum topic so we have a context of the entire problem.

Thanks in advance!
Bart

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.