Multiple product page templates

Hello,

I am looking for my product pages to change according to the product that is being displayed. I am currently running into the issue where the content across all different products is being shared.

Ideally it would work as
Product A: Displays page and detail information for product A
Product B: Displays page and detail information for product B

Both A & B are currently stuck sharing the same template.

There is not currently an option to create multiple product template pages as far as I am aware.
Any suggestions? Is this possible yet? if not are there any known work-arounds to achieve this?

Thank you!

3 Likes

Same here. Iā€™d like to create different designs for different kind of products. Can someone tell me how thatā€™s done?

Thanks!

Hi @Hemetic and @Iskandar, Actually you can create different layout by just using filter options.

You can reference this video Nelson create a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Iā€™ll have a look at Nelsonā€™s video. :slight_smile:

Hey, I did some earlier testing with specific product type sections within the product page template based on conditional visibility. Very powerful, but I had some issues in testing where I could not actually add items to the cart on the live site. I donā€™t know if the issue was due to this setup or some other bug. Just be sure to check the cart is working (as you no doubt would).

when creating a product page, I am following the steps in the video on the support page. I have added product image, text, description, price and add to cart function - Do I need to now duplicate the grid to match the number of products I have?

Additionally, whilst the fields are linked to the ecommerce function and automatically populate photos, names and costs etc. Does this change each div block to a seperate product on publishing as when i change the product at the moment, it changes all of the grid squares to the same product?

Hi @Daniel_Phillips,

Could you please provide your share link for the project in question?

Best Regards,
~ Brandon

thats the temporary published link https://pes-924f8b.webflow.io/product/concise-first-aid-made-easy-book

Iā€™d like to ideally have a page that has the various product catagories on them, once a section is clicked it then lists each product with an add to cart function as shown in the link above. Is there a way to do this or to integrate a pre-existing e-commerce template into this project?

Hi @Daniel_Phillips,

You can create a page that has the categories all listed on it. It would then show only those products listed from that category when selected. You then can have those products added to the cart.

Here is an example: Articles for The Gate of Heaven of something similar I created for a client of mine. This was for blog posts but it would work the same for your scenario.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

I have used the product categories page that was automatically created and inserted a grid into this, linking it to the product catagory field.

How do I now link these so that when they are clickedC it brings up the individual products in those categories, allowing them to purchase?

Daniel,

The categories you speak of, need to be on the categories template page. From there when you click on a category it will direct you to those items that are linked to that category and so forth.

It would be best to draw out how you want things to connect/link together and then from there you can build it out in Webflow. Somethings it can be tricky trying to think about it in your head.

Also, you will use the reference fields in the products themselves to link to the respective category or more when you use the Multi-ref field.

Best Regards,
~ Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Im having two main issues now. These are highlighted below.

1. I have both the categories page laid out and linking to the product categories defined in the CMS. I have a button in each box that should link to the products listed in each category. However, i cannot seem to link the catagories to the products in the product page. It wont let me select this page to allow the link to take place and only offers the select ā€œcurrent categoryā€ field.

2. The more surprising issue is that i cant seem to add either of these pages to the actual site itself. i have tried adding a link field in the nav bar at the top of the site with the text ā€œshopā€ but the system will not even show the category or product ecommerce pages when truing to create the link.

Can you advise? im not overly familiar with developing and I cant seem to find the right videos on the support pages to help.

Hi there, I am having a slightly different issue when designing product pages. For description I added the ā€˜List Itemā€™ element but unfortunately Iā€™m unable to style each product page with a different description for the products we sell solely because I used the list element. Can anyone offer a solution to this please?

Much appreciated & Thank you in advanced

I was all happy designing my fist website in webflow until I found out that the most flexible online visual designer I have ever use has only one template for product page.

I was really expecting a way to create custom templates for certain categories, custom field criteria or specific products.

Hope webflow makes this as part of their roadmap!!

:raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Agree. This turns webflow e-commerce into a killer app. Now days the sales page especially for high ticket items needs to be tailored to the productā€¦ +1 to the roadmap!

1 Like

Hi Brandon!

In case I want to make a multi-language e-commerce website, but on every language version there will be a different template of the same product page and categories that pull the content from the SAME e-commerce collection. Is there any chance to make possible in webflow?

P.S. question: if itā€™s possible to make (only if) does the URL of the same product in different languages will be also different?

Thanks

Gotta say, the e-commerce offering from Webflow is quite disappointing. Can only place e-commerce elements on e-commerce pages, and there can only be one e-commerce page that can only be lightly parameterized based on product/category metadata. I thought the Webflow e-commerce capabilities would allow us to drop the complexity and cost of maintaining a cloud-based stripe payments server, but it looks like weā€™ll likely have to go back to a self hosted stripe solution.